Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mel Gibson

Mel Colm-Cille Gerard Gibson, is an Irish-American actor, film director, producer and screenwriter.

After appearing in the Mad Max and Lethal Weapon series, Gibson went on to direct and star in the Academy Award-winning Braveheart. In 2004, he directed and produced The Passion of the Christ, a successful, film portraying the last hours in the life of Jesus Christ.

A devout Catholic, Mel Gibson has repeatedly emphasized the fact that he felt called by God to bring "The Passion of the Christ" to the big screen. During one interview, he said, "I'm not a preacher, and I'm not a pastor. But I really feel my career was leading me to make this [movie]. The Holy Ghost was working through me on this film, and I was just directing traffic. I hope the film has the power to evangelize ... Everyone who worked on this movie was changed. There were agnostics and Muslims on set converting to Christianity."

This movie has received top reviews by Christians from all over the world. This is what American's best known Evangelist Billy Graham said about the movie:

"A Lifetime of Sermons in One Movie" says Preacher. "I have often wondered what it must have been like to be a bystander during those last hours before Jesus' death," Rev. Graham said. "After watching 'The Passion of the Christ,' I feel as if I have actually been there. I was moved to tears. I doubt if there has ever been a more graphic and moving presentation of Jesus' death and resurrection - which Christians believe are the most important events in human history. The film is faithful to the Bible's teaching that we are all responsible for Jesus' death, because we have all sinned," Rev. Graham continued. "It is our sins that caused His death, not any particular group. No one who views this film's compelling imagery will ever be the same."

Please post your comments.

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use a name or a pseudonym when posting a comment.