Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sylvester Stallone

Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone, nicknamed Sly Stallone, is an American actor, filmmaker, screenwriter, and film director. Stallone is known for his machismo and Hollywood action roles. Two of the notable characters he has portrayed include boxer Rocky Balboa and soldier John Rambo.

Sylvester Stallone grew up Catholic, stopped going to church after he tasted fame and fortune, but now considers himself a churchgoing Catholic again.

Rocky's coming home to church started when his daughter Sophia was "born sick" according to the Catholic News Service website.

In November 1996, at age 2 months, Sophia underwent open-heart surgery at the University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center. The operation went well, and Sophia is now doing great.

Stallone said that being Catholic "puts me where I should be. I was alone in the world. I thought I would have to handle things in my own way. But then I thought if I put myself in Jesus' hands and asked for insight and guidance I am basically taking the yoke off of me and using his intelligence and wisdom to make the proper decision, I really feel that in the writing of (the first) 'Rocky.' I felt my hand was truly guided..."

Read more here.

Please post your comment.

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use a name or a pseudonym when posting a comment.