Saturday, October 23, 2010

Marijana's Testimony

My name is Marijana and would like to give a testimony on how Jesus has touched my life ever since I came back to church in 2007.

I was brought up in Croatia to a Catholic Family and at that time Croatia was a part of ex Yugoslavia under the communist regime. My mum made all three of us to go to church and Sunday school which at the time was not easy. In my teens I had an unpleasant experience at confession and decided not to go to church any more even though we lived 2 minutes away from our local church. On so many occasions priests would come to our house to have a chat with my mum and me to try to get me back to church.

I was so stubborn in my refusal and determined not to set a foot in any church for the rest of my life.

In our home we had the Bible and frequently I would find myself wondering who would read such a big and thick book and what the contest of it was. But I never reach for the Bible to find out. For more than 20 years it never occurred to me to go back to church or to get the Bible. I started to despise church and everything in connection with it. Back home I live close to Medjugorje and in 1984 during our Lady’s apparition my mum and I witnessed all the signs in the sky, not even that converted me back to church. As life went on with its trials and tribulations I found myself 3 years ago not being able to get out of bed, my burden was so heavy that I could not walk straight, I had a lots of mood swings, worried about my future, work, life in general. I did not have any happiness in my life and became very difficult in my dealings with other people.

One Sunday morning in February 2007 I woke up and had this urge to go my local church at the time in North London. At the mass I felt out of the place and could not wait to get out. On my way out I noticed a small pink leaflet about Life in the Spirit Seminar and decided to go there simply because it was free of charge and I did not have anything else to do that particular weekend. It turned out that I was only able to attend one of the days which were Sunday. When I entered the church hall my immediate reaction is to turn around and leave. As I was leaving I noticed at the front door a lady pacing up and down praying, she looked at me and gave me a smile. At the same time the other lady came in and called her name which was Mariana. I could not believe my ears and thought how odd was for the two of us to be there at the same time in such a small place. Because of her smile and the name I decided to stay.

During the course of the seminar to my amazement I saw people being prayed over and dropping on the floor like flies and overheard one lady saying that was the best experience of her life and she would recommend to everybody to be prayed over. You see I’m a scientist by professional and to believe in anything I had to have a concrete proof and to this day I remember thinking to myself that all those people were a bit potty. So I joined the queue for prayer just to see if somebody was going to push me down on the floor. As they were praying over me I was baptised in the Holy Spirit and since then I have never looked back.

My life has been transformed so much that my family and friends see the positive changes in me and they encourage me in my walk with Christ. On that particular Sunday in 2007 I feel that Lord had called me by my name to show me how merciful , faithful and awesome He is, how much He loves me. I also realise that the Lord is the strength of my life, He is my Shepherd and without Him my life would be an utter mess. The Lord is the centre and focus of my life.

Since 2007 I have been studying the Bible, go to church regularly, attend the Charismatic prayer meetings and events (join the ever growing group of the ‘potty’ people) and use any opportunity to praise Him and give Him thanks for being my Abba and for loving me so much that He gave his one and only son for our Salvation.

Praise God and glory to Him forever!

Source: Good News

Please post your comments.

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use a name or a pseudonym when posting a comment.